WHere Haunted Thoughts Become Reality

Taking the time to discuss what is really important to those who follow Halloween and the Halloween Room

Monday, March 1, 2010

In the Beginning there was a Garage.....

It started in 2002. My wife and I Bought a house in the summer of 2002 and wanted to have a house warming party. Myself being an avid Lover of halloween took her up on this and we decided to have a Halloween costume party/House warming party. To give you some back round on myself If you do not know me already, I love Halloween as well as scaring to crap out of people of all ages! So when my wife gave me the opportunity to have a party that was themed around this spooky holiday I was in heaven, or hell? I do not know which but I was astatic!

I began planning immediately, Gathering spooky goods from neighbors garbages and asking around for items no one wanted any more. I had months to plan for it and over 200 custom invites delivered and sent out by October 1st. The First Year was "trial and error" . My total amount spent totaled around $400.oo which includes the barrel of Miller Lite that was purchased for the guests. It was a good first year and about 30 people had showed up in costume to play pool and drink beer in a 30x40 foot Game room.

At the end of the night and with a half of a barrel of beer I was officially hooked on halloween! It wasnt till I went to work the following week and many of the guests that I had came on this weekend endeavor asked me...... So are you doing it next year?

It was then I knew Franklin Manor was born and it was only going to get better every year after!

No comments:

Post a Comment