WHere Haunted Thoughts Become Reality

Taking the time to discuss what is really important to those who follow Halloween and the Halloween Room

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Predators Movie

Having time in the off season of haunted house design and consulting, I try and fill it with two things, spending time with my friends and family, and watching movies. So this week I rented the movie Predators and decided that it was worth a review. I have not seen a movie as good as the the original since Toy Story 3 that was just released on DVD a few months ago. The first movie, Predator, was released in 1987. And was one of the movies I used to emulate as a kid. Running around in the wooded area behind my parents house pretending to be Arnold, tossing sticks into trees to "kill" the Predator that was stalking me. So you can imaginehow excited i was when my brother a few weeks back mentioned the latest Predators movie to me.



To be honest, i was not expecting much in the content or plot to this movie. Watching all the other Predator vs. Alien Movies that came after the original were very poor in my eye and did not hold my attention. As i begin to watch this film I am reminded of the original film with the same themed music that was used in the first. The way they incorporate characters and concepts from the first movie is also very intriguing. the ending is left open and makes for a great opportunity for a third film to be made in the new direction in the Predator saga. At risk of a spoiler alert I will not say much more but I will tell you that this movie is a must watch if you are a fan of the 1987 film Predator.

A Halloween Room two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment